Baba Ghannouj, Eggplant with Sesame Paste
- 2 large Eggplants, about 1 kg (32 oz)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (optional)
- ¼ cup sesame seed paste
- 3 cloves garlic crushed with ½ tbls salt (optional)
- 1 tspn white vinegar
- 2 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- Grill Eggplants on high heat for 15 minutes after piercing them by a fork on all sides, turning frequently.
- When tender, wash under running water then peel off skin while hot and remove “stem.
- Pound to a purée (use a food processor, if available).
- Blend in sesame paste, lemon juice, and vinegar.
- When mixture is consistent, add garlic and beat mixture well. If thick, adjust by lemon juice and water.
- Serve it garnished with Parsley, red pepper and olive oil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.