- 1 large eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 125 ml yogurt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- several whole black olives
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Place whole eggplant on a baking sheet and bake until the outer shell is crisp and the inside is soft and mushy (about 1 hour).
- Let the eggplant cool, then remove and discard the skin and the green cap.
- Spoon the inside into a food processor or a blender.
- Add garlic, tahini, salt, lemon juice and yogurt.
- Purée until creamy.
- Spoon into a serving dish and garnish with olive oil and whole olives.
- Serve cold or warm, with sliced pita bread or vegetables for dipping.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.