Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 Servings.
- coarse salt
- 2 bunches baby broccoli, about 1 pound, untrimmed
- ½ cup fresh orange Juice
- 2 shallots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook baby broccoli until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, combine orange juice, shallots, vinegar and pepper flakes, if using
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced to ¼ cup, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over baby broccoli; Toss gently.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 71
- Fat less than 1 g
- Carbs 14 g
- Fiber 2 g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.