Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- tofu and spinach Mixture
- 9 Lasagna Noodles Cooked According to Box Instructions
- 1 Box Frozen Chopped spinach (Thawed)
- 1 Pkg firm tofu
- 1 Box Soft Silken Style tofu
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 1 Tsp basil
- 1 Tsp oregano
- 1 Tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 Tsp salt
- Fresh Ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (Crushed)
- 2 Tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- White Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Vegan margarine*
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tsp mustard Powder
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 3 Cups soy milk
- Saute onions in olive oil until they begin to brown.
- Add spinach and heat for a minute. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl crumble firm tofu, add soft tofu and mix into a ricotta cheese like consistency.
- Add spinach mixture to tofu.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until everything is properly mixed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- The longer it has to sit the more the flavour will soak in.
- Only make the white sauce when you are ready to put the lasagna together.
- To make the white sauce, melt the margarine in a sauce pan, add the flour and whisk into a paste.
- Add soy milk, and continue whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Grease a lasagna pan and place 3 noodles on the bottom.
- Pour 1/3 of the white sauce over the noodles.
- Spread half of the spinach mixture on top of the white sauce and noodles.
- Make one more layer using the remaining spinach mixture.
- Place noodle on the top and pour the remaining white sauce over the lasagna.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in a 375° oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 mins before serving.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.