Purchased from Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Dated 1941. This is a very good recipe. I made it about once a month and it never gets old.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 thin slices bacon, each cut in half
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together except bacon.
- Shape the mixture into 6 small loaves.
- Crisscross 2 of the half slices of bacon across each loaf tucking the ends under each loaf.
- Place loaves on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.