Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 slices peppered bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or ½-tablespoon, dried
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- salt, to taste
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy,about 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from the pan.
- When cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Place the pan back on the heat and sauté the garlic and onion until they begin to give off their aroma, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the thyme, vinegar, and mustard.
- Mix well.
- Add the olive oil, season with pepper and salt, and blend thoroughly.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring the dressing just to a boil.
- Pour over salad while warm or at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.