This tasty and full soup made in Canada is worth all the hassle with finding the ingredients
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 leeks, sliced (use mostly white)
- 1 lb butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 qt water
- 1 tbsp chicken base (Minor's) or bouillon cubes (2-3)
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pt heavy cream
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- dash of nutmeg
- Sauté bacon and leeks in a stockpot. Pour off half the bacon grease, and add butter until butter melts.
- Add flour, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in water, chicken base, potatoes, and cream.
- Add salt, white pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
- Bake at 325 °F until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven, and cool slightly. Puree mixture until smooth.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.