Makes 3½ dozen.
- 8 slices bacon
- ¼ pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- 1⅔ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Pastry for double-crust pie (homemade or purchased)
- 5 eggs
- 1⅔ cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 375 °F.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry dough 1/16-inch thick.
- Using a 3-inch cutter, cut out 42 circles; re-roll scraps as needed. Fit circles into bottoms and slightly up sides of lightly greased 2½-inch muffin pans.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon slices until crisp, drain; crumble or chop.
- Chop mushrooms, saute in butter until limp and liquid evaporates.
- Combine bacon, mushrooms, green onion and cheese. Divide filling equally among muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, add sour cream and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each muffin cup.
- Bake until puffed and light brown, 20 – 25 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes; lift out. Serve warm or let cool on wire racks.
If made ahead, wrap cooled quiches airtight, and refrigerate overnight. Reheat, uncovered, in a 350 °F. oven for about 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.