Makes 6 servings.
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup sliced ripe olives
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- ¾ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon and onion in large skillet until onion is golden. Pour off excess drippings.
- Add rice, pecans, salt and pepper to skillet. Continue cooking until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cottage cheese.
- Turn into buttered 1½-quart shallow casserole.
- Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375 °F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.