- 1 kg boneless meat fillets
- 4 onions, finely sliced
- 3 pieces ginger
- 12 garlic flakes
- 4 dry figs (anjeer) soaked for ½ an hour
- 6 kacharis soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp ground garam masala
- 8 cloves
- 1 cup oil
- 150 g almonds soaked, blanched and peeled
- 2 cups yogurt
- salt to taste
- Blend ginger, garlic, anjeer, kachari, chile and garam masala to a fine paste.
- Mix with yogurt and salt.
- Marinate the meat fillets in the above mixture for 4–5 hours.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and fry onions until golden brown.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Add cloves and marinated pieces to the oil and fry for few minutes.
- Keep stirring occasionally and do not allow to burn from the bottom.
- Cook till oil separates and sprinkle fried onions and almonds.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.