- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice or
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped nuts, optional
- 2 – 3 very ripe bananas; mashed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl cream the butter in a mixing bowl
- Gradually add the sugar and mix to well blended
- Add the eggs and the banana mix until well blended.
- Combine the milk and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Alternately mix the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Add a little at a time, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Blend well after each addition.
- Add nuts.
- Turn the batter into a heavily buttered 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour or until bread is golden and springs back when touched.
- Cool in pan for ten minutes.
- Take bread out of pan and cool completely.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.