- 2 lb skinless grouper fillets
- 2 x lemons
- salt to taste
- 3 tbl margarine
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 lb potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbl chopped parsley
- 1/2 x goat pepper or Scotch Bonnet Pepper chopped, or cayenne, to taste
- 2 lrg onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Wash fish and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the fillets. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place margarine and water in a nonreactive skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, garlic, parsley, hot pepper, salt and juice of 1 lemon. Bring to a boil and cook about 10 minutes or until potatoes are almost done.
- Add the fish, top with the onions and celery, immediately reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook fish about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Do not overcook or let water boil.
- Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.