- ½ jalapeño
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- ½ Spanish onion
- 1 potato
- 1 lb ground conch
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 3 oz clam base or clam juice
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs stemmed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes until al dente.
- Reserve water.
- Sweat vegetables until tender.
- Add conch and saute 10 minutes.
- Deglaze with sherry, clam base, and seasonings.
- Add 6 cups of reserved water, potatoes, and remaining liquid.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- To serve, bring to boil, add a touch of cream (for color), tighten with a simple roux, remove from heat, and finish with sherry as necessary.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.