- 500 g baisin (gram flour)
- 250 g icing sugar
- 250 g ghee
- 100 g blanched almond, roughly chopped
- 100 g cashew nut, roughly chopped
- 50 g unsalted pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- seeds from 8 green cardamoms
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 4 – 5 silver leaves (optional)
- Heat ghee in a heavy based pan over low heat.
- Add cardamom seeds and baisin.
- Stirring all the time, fry these for about 1\2 an hour or until it is brown in color.
- Add the sugar, almond, cashew nuts, pistachio and ground cardamom.
- Mix well and stirring frequently cook for 10 more minutes.
- Spread evenly in a tray and leave it to cool completely for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Cut into squares or diamonds.
- Decorate with silver leaf and chopped nuts, if you wish.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Serve with green tea.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.