This warm vegetable-based dish uses lots of butter, honey, and black pepper cooked to steamy perfection and is great with other meals. Real herbs and/or spices often work for this for garnishing, too.
- 4 medium-sized acorn squash
- 8 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 8 tablespoons honey
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to season
- Slice the squash in half crosswise and scoop out the pulp and seeds. Trim the bottoms.
- Place 2 tablespoons honey in the hollow of each squash.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter or margarine to each and a twist or two of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the squash.
- Place squash in a large, shallow baking pan and bake, uncovered, at 350° F, for about 2 ½ hours. Serve warm and plain or with other vegetables, main dishes, or side dishes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.