This delicious piece of dessert, Canadian of course, is worth your time and effort. Yield: 6 servings
- 6 plastic containers ( approximately 3 inches high by 5 inches wide)
- White sponge cake (use any standard recipe)
- 1/4 cup praline ice cream
- 1/4 cup raspberry sorbet
- 3/4 cup chocolate chip ice cream
- 2 Meringue disks (Dacquoise, recipe follows)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 ounces raspberries
- 4 ounces blueberries
- 8 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Sift nuts with 3/4 cup Sugar. Hold aside. Whip egg whites until foamy.
- Fold in nut mixture by hand.
- Pipe out circles onto prepared parchment paper (trace outline of container).
- Bake in 250 degree oven until dry (around 30 minutes)
- For Cake Mold:
- Place a circle of sponge cake cut to fit bottom of plastic container.
- Mound softened praline ice cream on top of it.
- Place meringue disk on top of ice cream.
- Mound softened raspberry sorbet on top.
- Place second meringue disk on top of sorbet.
- Mound softened chocolate ice cream on top.
- Finish with another circle of sponge cake cut to fit the plastic container.
- Freeze 12 hours in container.
- Remove frozen cake mold by turning it upside down on plate.
- Prepare meringue mixture by whipping egg whites with Sugar until stiff.
- Place meringue in a pastry bag with a number 4 star tip.
- Cover cake with meringue.
- Freeze cake for one hour.
- Bake cake in a pre-heated 500 degree oven for one minute (until lightly browned).
- Heat the brandy in small pot and ignite.
- Pour brandy over Baked Alaska and serve with Berries on the side.
See Also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.