Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 2 cup pared and cored apples-finely chopped (2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, snipped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted margarine, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Mix together the egg substitute, apples, rice, dates, sugar, cinnamon, margarine, and vanilla.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into rice mixture.
- Turn into a 1 ½ quart casserole or souffle dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Place casserole in a pan of very hot water (1 inch deep).
- Bake at 325 °F. About 70 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
- If desired, garnish with fresh Apple slices dipped in lemon juice.
Nutrient analysis of 1 serving:
- 1 starch/bread exchange;
- 1 fruit exchange;
- 185 calories;
- 4 g protein;
- 6 g fat;
- 31 g carbohydrates;
- 42 mg sodium;
- 0 cholesterol.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.