- 8 – 10 equal-sized apples
- ⅓ cupful walnut
- ¾ cupful sugar
- cinnamon according to taste
- 50 g butter
- Peel and carefully hollow the apples.
- Prepare a stuffing from the beaten butter, ¾ cupful of sugar, crushed walnut kernels and cinnamon.
- Stuff the apples and place in a lined dish, pour over 1 – 2 spoonfuls of water and bake in a moderate oven.
- Serve cold, sweetened with syrup made from cupful of sugar, 1 cupful of water and vanilla.
- The same recipe may be used for quinces and pears.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.