I obtained this recipe from a garage sale in Quinlan, Texas in 1988. Date and source unknown. It is very good. I make it on a very regular basis. Always gobbled right up.
- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1 medium white Onion, chopped
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce with tomato bits
- 1/2-cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large cans green lima beans, drained
- 2 slices Bacon, cut in fourths
- Cook ground Beef and Onion in skillet until Beef is browned.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper in casserole.
- Stir in ground Beef and limas.
- Top with Bacon strips.
- Bake in 350 oven for 90 minutes.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.