- 1 small Cauliflower
- 18 salt-cured black olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup freshly grated pecorino Cheese
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
2) Soak the in several changes of water until they no longer taste salty.
3) Select an 8- or 9-inch shallow baking dish that can go from stove-top to oven. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in the dish over moderately low heat. Add Onion and sauté until soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Add Cauliflower and gently crush florets into oil and onions with a fork. Stir in pine nuts, drained and a pinch of pepper. Sprinkle evenly with Cheese, breadcrumbs and remaining tablespoon oil.
4) Bake 20 minutes. Serve lukewarm.