- 12 sheets of phyllo Pastry
- 450g/1 lb Bulgarian white cheese or feta
- Plenty of Melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 240ml/8fl.oz. soda water
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly butter a wide deep ovenproof dish.
- The dish should preferably be the same length and width as a sheets of phyllo.
- Place a sheet of phyllo pastry in the bottom of the prepared dish, bush with melted butter then sprinkle with some of the crumbled white cheese.
- Continue the layers in the same way, ending with a layer of buttered pastry.
- Place the eggs, salt, and soda water in a mixing bowl and beat well then slowly pour the mixture over the layered Cheese/pastry.
- Set aside for 10 minutes then bake for about 40 minutes until slightly risen and browned.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for about 30 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.