Baked Cheese Wedges by the New Jersey Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Beat the egg in a bowl with a whisk.
- Add the flour and half the milk until smooth. Then add the remainder of the milk, salt and pepper. #Let batter stand for one hour.
- Coarsely grate cheese, divide in half, and stir half into the batter.
- Grease an 8-inch Pyrex pie plate, pour in the batter and bake in a 425 degree oven for 40 minutes until puffed and brown.
- Scatter the remaining half of the cheese on top and bake just until the cheese melts. When slightly cool, cut into 24 narrow wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.