Makes 6 servings
- 1 broiler fryer (about 2½ pounds), quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ pound bulk pork sausage
- ¾ cup sliced green onions
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 x 12-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- Brush Chicken with butter and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in greased shallow 3-quart baking dish, skin side up, at 375 degrees 30 minutes.
- Cook Sausage, onions and celery in large skillet until vegetables are tender; stir to crumble Sausage. Pour off excess fat.
- Stir rice and corn into skillet.
- Transfer rice mixture to baking dish and arrange Chicken on top.
- Bake 30 minutes longer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.