- Preparation time: Slightly over 1 hour.
- Cooking Time: Roughly 20 minutes.
- Serves: 2
- 4 chicken breasts, deboned, and cut into 1 inch wide strips.
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup.
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste.
- 1 large pinch of salt.
- 1 large pinch of crushed blackpepper.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar. (Else, use regular vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons of honey mustard.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil. (Else, use vegetable oil)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped.
- 4 large leaves of fresh lettuce, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped pineapple. (For garnishing)
- Mix all ingredients except onion, lettuce and oil. Let chicken marinate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Brush baking tray with olive oil.
- Put in lettuce and onion.
- Pour in some of the marinade, just enough to cover the vegetables.
- Set chicken pieces on the bed of vegetables, and cover with some marinade.
- Brush each piece with some olive oil.
- Set in oven, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take out tray, turn the pieces, and cover the other side with the marinard, brush with olive oil, and cook for 10 more minutes at the same temperature.
- Take out, sprinkle the pineapple for garnish. Optionally, add pineapple after the first 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serving Suggestion: This goes well with whole wheat bread, red bread, wild rice and with hearty, spicy red wine, like a Shiraz. A good serving side would be steamed basmasti rice flavoured with cardamom and cinnamon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.