Purchased from Wantier Estate in Balch Springs, Texas in 1988. Dated 1964.
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1-cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cubed French bread
- 2 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- In a small mixer bowl, beat egg whites till stiff peaks form and set aside.
- In another small bowl beat egg yolks, milk, wine and salt until smooth.
- Fold into egg whites.
- Spray two 12-oz individual casseroles with nonstick spray coating.
- Divide bread between casseroles.
- Top with Cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and Cheese.
- Bake uncovered in 350 oven for 30 minutes.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.