Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- ¾ pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot or onion
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt or salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 12 slices Virginia ham or honey ham (without holes)
- 12 medium eggs
- fresh whole tarragon leaves (for garnish)
- triangles of buttered toast
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms and shallot in butter with salt and pepper, stirring, approximately 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid they give off is evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in crème fraîche and tarragon.
- To assemble, fit 1 slice of ham into each prepared muffin cups (ends will stick up and hang over edges of cups).
- Divide mushrooms among cups and crack 1 egg into each.
- Bake in middle of oven approximately 12 to 14 minutes, depending on number of servings being baked.
- Check the eggs after about 10 minutes baking time.
- When done, the whites should be completely set and the yolks beginning to thicken but not hard.
- Season eggs with additional salt and pepper.
- Remove eggs (with ham) from muffin cups carefully, using 2 spoons or small spatulas, and place on individual serving plates.
- Garnish with tarragon leaves triangles of buttered toast leaned on the cups to dip in the yolk as desired.
- Serve two eggs per person.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.