Makes 8 servings.
- 1 x 5-pound fish (trout, red snapper, cod, whitefish, bass or pike)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- butter or margarine
- Wash fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine rice, nuts, parsley, lemon peel, basil, ½ teaspoon salt and dash of pepper; mix well.
- Stuff prepared fish.
- Sew or close cavity with small skewers and lace with twine.
- Place fish on foil; brush with butter or margarine.
- Bake at 400 °F for 45 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.