- fish filet for 4 persons
- ¾ cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- lime juice (or lemon)
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- white pepper
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup cream or ½ cup milk and ½ cup cream
- salt to taste
- Place the filet in a baking dish, cover with white wine, cover the dish and poach the fish just until tender (do not overcook) in 325°F oven, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- When fish is cooked, remove from pan and set aside, being careful not to break it into pieces.
- Save the liquid.
- In skillet, melt the butter and stir in the flour.
- Add the fish liquid to this, mixing constantly so as not to have lumps.
- Reduce the heat and add the cream.
- When this is well blended add the egg yolks.
- Season this mixture to taste with the lime juice, salt, and white pepper.
- Remove from heat and pour over fish which has been put into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with the cheese and return to oven for 15 minutes or until hot and cheese is browned.
- Serve with white rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.