- 6 guavas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- ½ cup green olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 4 tsp chopped fresh dill weed or 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- To prepare the guavas for stuffing, cut a thin slice from the top of the guava.
- With a ball scoop or small spoon, remove the seeds and set the guavas aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add mushrooms, onion, green olives, herbs, salt and pepper; saute until vegetables are soft.
- Remove the mixture from the flame; cool.
- Stuff the guavas, filling them to the top.
- Place stuffed guavas in a baking dish just large enough to hold them and sprinkle sesame seeds over the guava tops.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour, or until the fruit is tender.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.