This savory, juicy poultry dish is made and infused with real fruit juice and is baked to red-hot, steamy perfection, as it delivers a sour, warm flavor from the chicken.
- 4 spring chickens
- 2 medium onions, chopped, red, white, or yellow only
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Cut and halve the spring chicken along the backbone.
- Flatten each half slightly by pressing them down.
- Use a food processor to process the onion, scallions, chili, garlic, oil, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the chickens to marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to a moderate 180° C. Remove the chickens from the marinade, setting aside the marinade for later use.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish in a single layer.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until cooked and browned.
- Occasionally brush the chicken with the marinade. Serve hot with white rice and vegetable dishes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.