.This rich, fruit-based pudding is made and packed with real fruit, fruit juice, and milk, and is baked to golden, sweet perfection, as it delivers a sour, divine flavor from the lemons.
- 1 cup granulated sugar, brown or white only
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk, regular or reduced-fat only
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- juice of 1 lemon
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- Mix sugar and cornstarch. Add milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and the rind.
- Fold in 2 stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour into the buttered baking dish and place in a fresh pan of hot water.
- Bake at 300° F for one hour or until pudding leaves sides of the baking dish. Serve with or without whipped cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.