This rich, fruit-based pudding achieves a perfect balance between sweet and sour.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- juice of 1 lemon
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- Mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Add milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish and place in a fresh pan of hot water.
- Bake at 300° F for one hour or until pudding leaves sides of the baking dish.
- May be topped with whipped cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.