- 1 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 4 cups rutabaga, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 tbsp tamari, low-sodium
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Cut an "x" in the bottom of each Brussels sprout.
- Combine Brussels sprouts and remaining ingredients (except tamari) in a large baking dish.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until lentils and vegetables are tender, about 1 hour. Add more water to stew while baking if necessary.
- Stir in tamari and serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.