From my Aunt Maggie’s Collection. Notation on card said it was a family favorite and served at many Sunday dinners. Dated 1942.
- 1 pound dried baby lima beans
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3/4-cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1-tablespoon molasses
- 1-cup sour cream
- Soak limas overnight in water.
- Drain and cover with fresh water.
- Add 1-teaspoon salt and cook 40 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under hot water.
- Place in medium casserole.
- Dot with butter.
- Mix brown sugar, dry mustard and remaining salt together and sprinkle over beans.
- Stir in molasses.
- Cover with sour cream.
- Mix lightly and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.