Corn Flakes: Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and cored
- 7 ounces corn flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon regular or seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 4 eggs
- Cut each onion into 4 thick slices.
- Separate slices into rings reserving small rings for other uses.
- Combine cereal, salt, sugar, and paprika.
- Divide coating mixture into two small bowls.
- Beat eggs until soft peaks have formed.
- Dip half of onion rings into beaten eggs and then dredge in crumb mixture.
- Place in a single layer on oiled baking sheet.
- Repeat procedure with remaining onion rings and second bowl of crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes until crisp.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.