This recipe came from The Printey Estate sale. It was obtained it as part of the Family Collection from The Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup milk
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- Heat Oven to 400°F.
- Cook and stir meat in a large skillet until brown then drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in half of the tomato sauce and the oregano leaves into the meat mixture
- Heat to boiling and reduce and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- While the meat mixture is simmering mix the baking mix, egg and milk.
- Measure out ¾ cup of the batter and set aside.
- Spread the remaining batter in a greased baking rectangular baking pan and pour remaining sauce over batter, spreading evenly.
- Layer 4 slices of the cheese, the meat mixture, the mushrooms and the remaining cheese on top of the batter and tomato sauce.
- Spoon the reserved batter on the top of the cheese and bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting into squares.