- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Raisins & currants
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Sauce to top (see directions)
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Beat the butter until soft.
- Gradually add and cream in the Sugar.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time.
- Combine the Raisins, currants, and nut meats.
- Sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Add to the butter mixture.
- Combine the bread crumbs, cinnamon, cloves and allspice.
- Stir into the butter mixture.
- Bake in a greased pan or baking dish for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with either lemon sauce, hard or hot wine sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.