Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 – 5 baking potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 quart milk
- ½ cup celery
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley or dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in the oven and cook for about 1 hour at 350°F degrees.
- Meanwhile heat water in a large saucepan and add chopped celery to the water and simmer until celery is tender.
- When potatoes are fully cooked, slice down the center and scoop the pulp out of each potato and add to celery and water.
- Add milk. butter, sour cream, bacon, green onions, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, parsley or dill and salt and pepper.
- Allow mixture to simmer over low-medium heat until it thickens.
- Serve hot with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top. You may also top with chives (from the top of the green onions), bacon pieces and sour cream.
The Skinny Edit
- Use low-fat milk, sour cream and cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.