This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Baxter Estate in Heath, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 yellow squash cut in thin rounds
- 3 zucchini cut in thin rounds
- 5 small tomatoes cut in thin rounds
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put olive oil, vinegar, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, basil, dill, oregano, black pepper, pepper flakes and salt in a food processor and blend.
- Wet the bottom of an oven dish with this sauce.
- Place thin rounds of zucchini, yellow squash and tomato one on top of the other.
- Pour the rest of the tomato sauce on top.
- Scatter the chopped parsley over sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven at 375°F for one hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.