Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 6 cups milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- peach Topping:
- 1 29-ounce can sliced peaches, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine rice, 5 cups milk and salt; heat to boiling in top of double boiler.
- Cook over hot, not boiling water 45 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir Sugar into eggs. Add remaining 1 cup milk and vanilla.
- Gradually stir into hot rice mixture. Pour into buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Set in pan of hot water. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until set.
- Remove from hot water to prevent further cooking. Serve warm or chilled.
- If desired, serve with peach Topping.
- peach Topping: Chill custard; arrange peach slices on top of chilled pudding.
- Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Broil until Sugar melts, about 5 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent top from burning.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.