- 3 cups of brown short grain rice
- hummus (you can make your own - below)
- 100gr grated vegan cheddar cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 leek
- 2 spring onions or 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- ½ green pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek
- 1 teaspoon vegan white wine vinegar
- ground pepper
- Start off by boiling the rice add rice to hummus and grated cheese.
- (to make hummus, blend 1 can chick peas with 150ml of tahini and the juice of two lemons).
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan.
- Fry garlic onions and leeks gently and add the fenugreek.
- Add carrot and green pepper and finally the zucchini.
- Cook for about 10 mins.
- Add tomato puree vinegar and ground black pepper and leave to simmer for another 10 mins.
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 3.
- butter a medium sized loaf tin.
- Pour in half of the rice mixture then top with the sauce mixture.
- Finally finish off with the rest of the rice mixture and grated cheese on top.
- Cook in the oven for around 30 mins.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.