- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 lb rigatoni Pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 90% lean)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups canned diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- In large pan heat oil& butter over low heat.
- Add Onion, carrot, celery, garlic, parsley, basil and cook until very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Raise heat to moderate, add ground Beef, fennel seed, salt and black pepper, cook until no longer pink.
- Add wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan and continue to cook.
- Preheat oven to 350, and lightly grease 3 quart baking dish.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook rigatoni until almost al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Drain, toss Pasta with meat sauce.
- Put 1/2 of the mixture in dish, sprinkle with 1/2 the mozzarella, cover with remaining Pasta mixture, and top with remaining Cheese.
- Bake until Pasta is hot, about 20 minutes.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.