- 1 x 12 – 16 pound turkey
- 2 limes or ½ cup vinegar
- ½ stick margarine
- 2 tblsps meat tenderizer
- ¾ – 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt /powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 round recardo balls
- ½ cup shortening/cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Lea and Perrin Worcestershire sauce
- Remove turkey from freezer put to thaw (approx. 24 hours.)
- Wash turkey with limes/vinegar.
- Rinse, drain or pat dry.
- Rub bird in and out with meat tenderizer put in plastic bag and put back in refrigerator. (For about 12 – 24 hours)
- Remove bird from refrigerator rub inside with margarine, thyme (stuff).
- In 1/2 cup cooking oil/shortening add black pepper, garlic powder/salt, thyme, recardo etc. Mix and rub this mixture over turkey. Sew or use turkey pins to hold in stuffing. Pour Lea and Perrin Sauce.
- Bake breast side up (remove foil for last hour of cooking time).
- Bake at 250 °F for 3 – 4 hours. Baste regularly
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.