- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder, preferably homemade
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp cold, unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Put flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl, and whisk to mix.
- Using fingers or 2 forks, quickly work butter into flour until it is the texture of oatmeal with some larger lumps remaining.
- Make a well in center of flour, and pour in cream.
- Stir just until blended.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly but strongly, for 6 or 7 strokes.
- Roll out dough to a thickness of ½ inch.
- Using a floured fork, prick surface of dough all over at 1-inch intervals, taking care that fork goes through dough.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, stamp out dough.
- Place biscuits close together on baking sheet.
- Bake in center of oven for 8 to 12 minutes, or until biscuits are crusty and are a rich golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and serve.
Biscuits Videos Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.