- Serves 5
- 1 kg fish steaks
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1½ teaspoons fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1½ teaspoons sambal ulek
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated finely
- 1 teaspoon Laos powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- salt to taste
- peanut oil for frying
- Wash the fish fillet, drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Then cut the fillet into serving portions.
- Heat a small saucepan with about 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Saute the onions until soft.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir over moderate heat until golden brown.
- Add lemon rind, Laos powder, sambal ulek, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar and salt to taste.
- Simmer for 2 – 3 minutes, and set aside.
- Heat a deep frying pan with the peanut oil and fry the fish until golden brown on both sides.
- Darin, put on serving place and spoon the sauce over before serving hot with rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.