- 500 g Spanish mackerel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 stalks lemon grass, bruised
- 1 teaspoon tamarind juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- cooking oil
Spices (ground) Edit
- 5 red chilies, seeded
- 5 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 candlenuts
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- salt to taste
- Cut the fish into 4 pieces and rub with the lime juice and salt.
- Set aside to stand for 15 minutes.
- Wash the fish, drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat a frying pay with oil and deep-fry the fish until golden brown.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil and saute ground spices until fragrant, add lemon grass, tamarind juice and sweet soy sauce.
- When the sauce has thickened, pour and spread it over the top of the deep-fried fish.
- Serve hot with rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.