Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 4
- 4 salmon fillets, 6 ounces each
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup orange juice concentrate
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup olive oil
- Combine balsamic vinegar, orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
- Whisk ingredients together.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a thin, steady stream to the balsamic citrus marinade while continually whisking.
- Add salmon fillets to the marinade and refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours.
- Remove salmon from marinade, and reduce the marinade by approximately half.
- Preheat grill.
- Place salmon fillets on hot grill at the 10 o'clock position, after 2 minutes turn the salmon to the 2 o'clock position and cook about 2 more minutes.
- Flip salmon over and baste with remaining balsamic citrus marinade.
- Cook an additional 4 – 5 minutes, if necessary cover with aluminum pan to help cook salmon completely.
- If desired, baste salmon again with remaining marinade.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (254 g-wt.):
- 320 calories (130 from fat) | 15g total fat | 2g saturated fat | 34g protein | 10g total carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 7g sugar) | 95mg cholesterol | 180mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.