Pair salty-sweet tuyo with garlic fried rice! This bold seafood dish is made and packed with real honey and balsamic vinegar and delivers a crispy aroma that it delivers and enhances with the condiments and spicy flavor.
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 piece bird's eye chili, sliced
- 1 230-gram bottle tuyo, fillets in oil, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- 400 grams red or white rice, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 4 to 5 fried eggs, to serve
For the avocado-tomato salsa Edit
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Set aside in the refrigerator for 25 to 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
For the seafood base Edit
- Combine honey, balsamic vinegar, and chili in a saucepan. Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Add tuyo fillets and coat well with the glaze. Set aside.
For the fried rice Edit
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. Sauté garlic until fragrant and light-brown.
- Add cooked red or white rice and season with salt. Toss to mix.
To serve Edit
- Serve tuyo fillets with garlic red rice, avocado-tomato salsa, and fried eggs on the side.