- Yield: 16 servings
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp skim milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate-flavored syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp skim milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add banana; beat well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour and soda; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Reserve 1½ cups batter, and set aside.
- Combine 1 cup batter, syrup and cocoa; stir well.
- Pour remaining light-colored batter into a 12-cup bundt pan coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon chocolate batter over batter in pan.
- Pour reserved light-colored batter over chocolate batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and next 2 ingredients; stir well.
- Drizzle over cake.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per serving (1 slice):
- 234 calories (18% from fat) | 4.6g fat (1g sat, 1.3g mono, 1.8g poly) | 27mg cholesterol | 98mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.