Milk Nonfat, Dry Instant by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 18
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg (or ¼ cup egg mix + ¼ cup water)
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, dry milk, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, bananas, sugar, and oil.
- Add flour mixture to egg and banana mixture. Stir until just blended. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Pour into greased, or sprayed, 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 60–70 minutes until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice loaf down the center and cut into 1” pieces.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.